Thu, Nov 02|
Kalahari Resort - Round Rock,TX
1st Annual Village Vacation | Kalahari Resort – Round Rock,TX
Our Loving Village will be closed for a Village Vacation week! If you are interested in getting a group rate discount to Kalahari Resort – Round Rock, TX! $888 per family! RSVP to learn more!
Time & Location
Nov 02, 2023, 10:00 AM – Nov 05, 2023, 12:00 PM
Kalahari Resort - Round Rock,TX, 3001 Kalahari Blvd, Round Rock, TX 78665, USA
About the event
Our Loving Village will be closed for a Village Vacation week November 2 - 4,2023! Mrs. BB was nominated to lead a statewide presentation/workshop about parent and childcare provider-led advocacy at the TXAEYC Conference at the Kalahari Resort – Round Rock, TX! If you are interested in getting a group rate discount for parent and staff participation, RSVP to learn more! Spaces limited and only offered to existing Village Families & Educators.
- Attend planning committee meetings to coordinate the Village Vacation itinerary with all families once per month at the center
- Sign up for shared responsibilities and roles for shared meal times, cleaning, commuting, and supervision during water park activities
- MUST Participate in Mrs. BB's 1 hour workshop called Strengthening Our Villages: Balancing the Modern Needs of Children, Families, Businesses and Electing Childcare Champions at the Conference November 2-4, 2023. (Mrs. BB will prep each parent/staff for participation in a short 20 minute panel for her session)
- The learner will overview best practices to engage their local community needs for childcare services, workforce needs and business advocacy using community-centered engagement tactics for the modern working family, business owner and employee.
- The learner will learn about the current state legislature and ballot measures that supports childcare businesses and families with funding in a sustainable and equitable manners, specifically the Texas Property Tax Exemption for Childcare Facilities Amendment is on the ballot in Texas as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment to be voted on November 7, 2023.
- The learner will identify their state and federal representatives and learn how to coordinate communication among families, staff and administrators to advocate and engage childcare voters to support legislative initiatives that champion childcare access and affordability at the local, state and federal levels
- TXAEYC 2023 Annual 3 Day Conference in Round Rock, TX ( estimated value $280/per person) You have the option to attend other sessions to learn more about how to support your child's development and learn about early childhood education
- Shared Airbnb 5 bedroom home rental that sleeps 22 guests; each adult/couple will have their own suite
- Children will have a personal sleeping bags and padded nap mats in a large area designated for co-sleep room with motion-sensored/night time surveilance and (families are free to co-sleep their child in their suite as well). Mrs. BB will be the primary supervisor for night time
- Village Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Kid Snack Packs (costs for group outings ar restaurants, other attractions not incuded)
- Kalahari Water Park All Day passes (estimated value $95/per person) from November 2-4, 2023
- 15 Passenger Van for group commuting to and from the Water Park daily
- Date/Group Night Out on Saturday, November 4th - TO BE DETERMINED
- Group photos/videos of all the fun memories our villagers make together
What's NOT Included:
- Travel Costs/Commute. Each family may want to explore the Round Rock area and are encouraged to budget over the next few months to get to Round Rock, Tx. We may be able to arrange a carpool that leaves promptly Thursday November 2, 2023 at 10:00 am and return Sunday November 5 in the late evening. Additional fees and volunteer participation may apply
- Eating Out & Exploring. Please budget accordingly if you would like to spend money going out to eat or visiting other attractions in Round Rock or the surrounding area
- Water Safety Device.
Our Loving Village ?
Can you help
With a heavy heart, we regret to inform you that Our Loving Village experienced a total loss structure fire on 7/17/2023 at 5:43 pm and will be closed until we are able to recover. Mrs. BB and her children lived here as their main residence as they were renovating the building towards a 111 kid center using the Texas Childcare Expansion Grant. We are blessed to report no other children/staff were in attendance during this time. We know this will affect many families who relied on us and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We wish you well as we all band together to be the village that it takes to raise a child! Please consider donating to Our Loving Village. All donations help support our different programs and ensures we are able to deliver high quality care to a variety of people and families. We appreciate any support and thank you in advanced.